A missing sister, an empty town, and a dark mystery beneath the picturesque surface…
Draugen received critical acclaim upon its initial PC release in May 2019, and won “Game of the Year” and “Best Audio” awards at the Norwegian Spillprisen 2019. This 21 February, Xbox One and PS4 players are finally invited to visit the picturesque town of Graavik and uncover its mysteries through the eyes of an increasingly unreliable narrator…
The year is 1923. You play Edward Charles Harden, an American traveller who’s come to Norway to find his missing sister. Accompanied by your ward Lissie, a lively and enigmatic young woman with a mind of her own, you’ll explore this scenic coastal community nestled amongst the fjords and mountains of rural Norway. But looks can be deceiving, as Draugen pushes you to unearth the darkness that lies deep within…
- “I am not alone”: explore 1920s Norway accompanied by a living, breathing, independent companion
- Interact with your companion through a realistic and dynamic dialogue system
- Experience a thrilling tale through the eyes of an increasingly unreliable narrator
- Find your own path through a scenic setting that changes with the weather and your mental state
- “A story about what lies beneath”: piece together a gripping and suspenseful narrative with unexpected twists and turns
About Red Thread Games
Red Thread was founded in 2012, with a mission to create games with soul for players who love stories. The studio is located in downtown Oslo, Norway.
In 2014, Red Thread released the first episode of Dreamfall Chapters: a third-person adventure game set in the twin worlds of science and magic, where your choices have real and lasting consequences. The five-part series concluded in 2016, and was followed by PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions, and a ‘Final Cut’ re-release for Windows/Mac in 2017. In 2019, Red Thread released first-person adventure Draugen on PC, followed by PS4 and Xbox One versions in 2020.